Saturday 19 March 2011

This is a Lao Esan (Northeast Thailand) Lullaby

This is a Lao Esan (Northeast Thailand) Lullaby. Khaen playing by Jonny Olsen. Thank you. เพลง กล่อม ลูก อีสาน





Oe hoe oe hoe oe hoe oe hoe oey
Ee koeng eoy, kho khao, kho kaeng.

Oh, Moon, May I have some rice and soup

Kho waen thong daeng khaen kho nong laa.

And brass rings to string around my baby sister's neck.

Kho ch/saang, kho maa pet kai ngua khway.

May I have elephants, horses, ducks, chickens, cows, and buffaloes.

Kho ka-buay thong kham tak nam.

May I also have a gold water scooper.

Kho khao yam maa pon kon kham.

May I have roasted ground sticky rice for my precious sister.

Kho mo lam hai nong khoi boeng.

May I have Lam, the Isan folk opera, for my sister to enjoy.

Ee koeng eoy, tu khoi fao kho

Oh, Dear Moon, I keep begging you.

*oe hoe oe hoe oe hoe oe hoe oey




letter red colour english translate

No comments:

Post a Comment